Monday, February 1, 2010

Restocking taking shape

Hello

not many blog posts at the moment. I have thankfully picked up a small temping job, so some bills can be paid and re-stocking is still going ahead with full steam. So not much time.

I am planning to re-open the Artfire Shop at the end of this month (wow January went quick!) and since I have discovered Joomla, I am finally confident that we will have a "proper" website by then as well. Don't worry, this blog will not disappear, but it will be linked to and from my website, I may at some point get a Joomla plug-in for a proper blog over there and maybe even a shopping cart, but for now, I will just be happy, if I can finally get a website that I can be proud off and which reflects my style.

Soaping has come to a short halt, as none of the pharmacies around here have any Castor Oil left. Not sure if there are too many people being constipated or if there really is a season for it (that's what one pharmacy told me), but I tried 6 Chemists in a 5 mile radius, and not one of them had any Castor Oil. London Water (liquid rock) does not allow me to leave it out. I need Castor Oil to get bubbles (we are called Bubble Works after all) and without drying the skin.

This did allow me to make plans for the B&B things though and I will be ordering supplies asap, so I can get started on those. I am so looking forward to it, instant gratification products are fun after 2 weeks of making soap and not allowed to use it for another 3 weeks at least....Not fair !

Hope you are all well and that I will see you at one of the events.

No comments:

Post a Comment